A2 Core Modules C3 and C4 are fully covered by these exemplary presentations, providing a perfect framework for your teaching, illustrating all the key concepts with worked examples. (Volume 1covering AS Core Modules C1 and C2, Volume3 covering Statistics S1 and Volume4 covering Mechanics M1 are available at our onlineshop.
- Whiteboard or data projector animated presentations for A2 Mathematics
- Materials cover modules C3 and C4
- Tailored to each of AQA, Edexcel, OCR and MEI/OCR specifications
- Theory and worked examples are included
- Introductory exercises with solutions
- You control the pace so that students have time to think, ask and answer questions
- Extensive use of graphs and illustrations to explain and enliven theory
- Summaries suitable for note taking and for photocopying
- Written by an experienced A level teacher
- Good mathematical practice followed throughout
- Mathematical terminology gradually introduced and correct notation used
All you need is a Data Projector or Interactive Whiteboard and a computer running Microsoft Powerpoint (Office 2000 or later).
Demo (free samples)
- The materials are designed for whole class teaching of A2 mathematics core modules C3 and C4.
- All the theory required for AQA, Edexcel, OCR and MEI/OCR is covered.
- There are 56 files. The first file ( named 0 Contents ) gives the titles of the other files and indicates which module each presentation fits into.
- The materials work best if the students sit in pairs, as they can then be involved as the theory is developed, by sharing ideas with their partners.
- The slides indicate with clip art images when it is useful to take notes, use a calculator to check a calculation, or do an exercise.
- The graphs in the presentation have been imported from the software Autograph. Use of Autograph “live” to investigate ideas in greater depth or to aid understanding is very valuable and the presentations can be paused at any point to do this.
Whilst the materials are designed for use by teachers, they can be made available on intranets so that students can have access if they have missed work or wish to review work. A site licence is required for this.
- At the end of each presentation there are pages containing the main points of the topic in black and white form suitable for printing for making photocopies.
How to navigate through the course and use these Powerpoint files:
There are 3 ways to start a presentation:
- Navigate to the folder containing the presentations, right click on the file name and select Show or
- Start Powerpoint, select File, Open, then navigate to the folder containing the presentations, then left double click and select Slide Show from the menu and then View Show or
- Start the “0 Contents” presentation by one of the 2 ways above and then use the hyperlinks (left click) to start any of the presentations.
- Use the left mouse button or the right keyboard arrow to advance through a presentation.
- To start a presentation part way through, Open the presentation using 2. above, select the slide where you want to start and left click on the slide show button (left hand corner of the screen).
- At any time the presentation can be stopped by using the right mouse button and selecting End Show.
- You can return from the presentation to the contents by left clicking on the 3rd icon in the left–hand corner of most slides (the 1st and 2nd icons can be used to move back or forward a page).
If the presentation isn’t open, from Powerpoint select File, Open and navigate to the file required. Right mouse click and select Open. Then select File and Print. Under print range choose slides and enter the numbers of the white slides. Under print what, select handouts. The default is for 6 slides per page. If larger images are required, select slides (instead of handouts) to get a full page image of each slide. Under color/greyscale, select Pure black and white.
The files are “read only” but can be saved under a new name and then altered as you wish. The colours have been chosen to be clear in most lighting conditions but can be tweaked if necessary. Open a file, select view and view master and slide master. Right click and choose background, click on the colour arrow and choose more colours. Try a standard colour (or custom colour) near to the one used. Alterations can also be made to the slide contents. Microsoft equation editor has been used for the equations. You may need to ungroup (on the draw menu) in order to make alterations and re-animate the slides after alterations.
Volume 2 Single User £39 + vat. Site Licence £150 + vat. Extended Site Licence including home use £249 + vat. Upgrade for difference in price. (Volume 1 and Volume 3 may be purchased separately at the same prices individually or at a discount ifbought together at the same time.)
Download order form.
"This is the Whiteboard Maths of A Level. It is a series of PowerPoint files that covers the whole of the A Level course. Volume 1 is A/S, Volume 2 is A2, and Volume 3 is Statistics. The coverage and detail are extremely impressive, and once again if you are looking to introduce some ICT into A Level teaching, then there is no better single package around. But once again, be warned - each slide contains so much detail that it can be overwhelming for students if they are merely clicked through."
- Craig Barton
Contact Chartwell-Yorke Ltd, 114 High Street, Belmont Village, Bolton, Lancashire, BL7 8AL, tel 01204 811001, fax 01204 811008, email@example.com.