The Geometer's Sketchpad® Dynamic Mathematics software allows students to visualize and explore mathematical relationships.
building and investigating their own constructions and models, students
increase their ownership and understanding of mathematical concepts.
Sketchpad™ gives students the tools to:
- Generate algebraic explorations of arithmetic using models that support pattern recognition, testing conjectures, and generalization and justification
- Develop algebraic habits of mind as they drag objects or change parameters and observe results that reveal functional dependencies
- Devise and test formulas using Sketchpad's Calculator
- Develop the concepts that are the basis for our system of classifying shapes
- Create and explore translations, reflections, rotations, and dilations
- Fully explore and understand the underlying principles of Euclidean constructions
- Explore the properties of functions by adjusting parameters and watching the behavior of the graph
- Create mathematical animations to illustrate geometric curves as well as functional behavior in Cartesian and polar coordinate systems
- Communicate their findings and explorations to their peers with easy-to-use presentation tool