Cabri 3D, Version 2… A numerical revolution!
A simple and comprehensive software for understanding 3D in the classroom by using direct manipulation.
With Cabri 3D v2, teachers will come to see geometry in space from a new angle: thanks to the Replay construction function, you may revise the various stages of your pupil’s investigations.
Until now three-dimensional geometry was difficult to teach – the complexity of designs in perspective, models that are difficult and time-consuming to construct… Cabri 3D is the only program that enables you to alleviate these construction difficulties and that also contains the benefits of interactive geometry.
With Cabri 3D v2, students will move up a gear: Integrate numerical data into your diagrams. Measure lengths, angles, surfaces, volumes... Then, insert the data to the calculator which produces real-time results. Pilot the dynamics of your diagram according to the results. Then, draw the trajectory of the displaced items.
Tools for students: “from exploration to understanding”
With just a few clicks, students can:
• Construct 3-D figures, from the simplest to the mostcomplex, by combining fundamental geometric objects such as points, angles,segments, circles, planes, solids and transformations.
• Create expressions using fundamental algebraic concepts,such as numbers, variables and operations.
• Connect geometry and algebra by measuring length, angles, area andvolume and then attaching these numeric values directly to the figure to usethem in calculations or in algebraic expressions.
• Explore a figure’s properties by manipulatingits variable elements.
-Observe the effects of dynamic transformations like shrinking and enlarging.
- Make conjectures about algebraic andgeometric properties, and then verify relationships among various parts of afigure.
Tools for teachers: “from lesson plans to assessment”
The teacher can:
• Create activities that:
- facilitatethe introduction and understanding of new concepts
- promotethe discovery of theorems, instead of just showing them
- helpmodel real-life situations.
• Generate classroom resources by inserting text or pictures in afigure, modifying graphical elements, copying/pasting into other software andproducing high-quality printouts.
• Present activities to students, have themmanipulate figures, observe and guide them. Using Cabri allows you to betterassess individual student comprehension.
• Expand online by integrating figures that can bemanipulated on web pages or by incorporating Microsoft Office® documents.
• Have students solve problems directly linked to the NCTM standardswith possible interdisciplinary connections to physics, geography and the arts.
Focus on some features
Numeric and geometric tools
- Basic constructions with planes, spheres and lines.
- Study of common solids: with a click of the mouse, the student or teacher can construct pyramids, parallelograms, cylinders and cones.
- Sections of solids: The user can represent and determine planar sections of convex polygons.
- Unfolding polyhedra into nets: Cabri 3D unfolds all polyhedra into nets, which are printable and can be reproduced onto card stock.
- Measurements and calculations: Find measurements related to objects – distances, lengths, area, volumes and angles, and use them in calculations.
Unique 3D visualisation tools
• Through tools that facilitate visualisation, students and teachers can:
-Adjust viewing angles turning around the scene
-Appreciate the rendering of depth of the scene.
• Animation tools: Particularly stimulating forstudents, the tools enable them to simultaneously put several elements of aconstruction in motion. It is ideal for modeling physical phenomena.
• Different representations andperspectives of thesame figure: the three angles of technical design, various perspectives…
• Replay the construction tool replays the user’s construction.